The USI Academy of Architecture, through the Mobility Office, offers its students and others coming from Switzerland and abroad the following possibilities:
- Swiss Mobility programme. It provides an opportunity for USI students who wish to spend one or two semesters studying in another Swiss university and for students of other Swiss universities who wish to study in Mendrisio.
- SEMP (Swiss-European Mobility Programme, former Erasmus). Exchange students from USI may spend one or two semesters studying in one of the European partner universities, with full validation of credits (ECTS) obtained from course work and successful examinations results. Similarly, incoming students may spend one or two semesters at USI. So far, USI has signed more than 60 exchange agreements with European universities.
- Swiss European Mobility for Placement Programme, which allows to serve a professional internship in Europe lasting 9 consecutive months.
- International exchange programme. It gives the possibility to USI students to spend one semester studying in one of the International partner universities with which a bilateral agreement has been signed, and to students coming from the partner universities to study at USI.
In addition to coordinating these programmes, the International Office cooperates with counterparts in similar services and central academic offices: Rectors' Conference of the Swiss Universities; National Agency; State Secretariat for Education and Research. The Office is also responsible for procuring SEMP scholarships and other funding sources for study-abroad programmes.
The task of the International Relations and Mobility Office is to advise and select outgoing students as well as to accept, assist and welcome incoming (exchange and visiting) students. Therefore, students planning to take part in these programmes should address their enquiries directly to the service. The International Relations Office will then put in place the appropriate administrative procedure, and provide information and advice on various practical matters (e.g. residence permit, insurance, housing, etc.).
|Accademia di architettura - Programma SEMP|
|Université de Liège||Belgio||+ info|
|École d'Architecture de Paris Belleville||Francia||+ info|
|Technische Universität Dresden||Germania||+ info|
|Technische Universität München||Germania||+ info|
Mackintosh School of Architecture
University of Glasgow
|Gran Bretagna||+ info|
IUAV Istituto Universitario
di Architettura di Venezia
|Delft University of Technology||Paesi Bassi||+ info|
FAUUSP Faculdade de Arquitetura e urbanismo da Universidade de Sao Paulo
|Universidade do Porto||Portogallo||+ info|
|Universidade Autonoma de Lisboa||Portogallo||+ info|
|Universidade Lusíada, Lisboa||Portogallo||+ info|
|Escuela Tecnica Superior de Arquitectura, Madrid||Spagna||+ info|
Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya
Escola Tècnica Superior d'Arquitectura
de Barcelona (ETSAB), Barcelona
|Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm||Svezia||+ info|
|Accademia di architettura - Cooperazione|
Virginia Tech, Virginia Polytechnic
Institute and State University
|Kyoto Institute of Technology||Giappone||+ info|
|Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perù, Lima||Perù||+ info|
- International Relations and Study-abroad Office
- Academy of Architecture
- largo Bernasconi 2
- 6850 Mendrisio
- +4158 666 5000
- +4158 666 5868