Students have the possibility to spend one or two semesters at another Swiss university.
A period of study at another university allows students to:
- Discover another Swiss region with a different language and culture
- Enhance their language skills
- Benefit from a greater variety of courses
- Make new contacts and friends
- Experience a new learning environment.
A framework agreement signed by all Swiss universities guarantees full mutual recognition of study semesters, curricula and related validation of credits obtained from course assessment work and examinations passed in the hosting institution.
There are no administrative barriers: while attending one or two semesters at another Swiss university, students remain matriculated in their home university, where they continue to pay tuition fees.
Cantonal government-funded study grants or studentships allocated by the home university continue to be paid during the “away” period.