Professional internship mobility
The SEMP Programme (Swiss-European Mobility Programme) funded by the Swiss Confederation allows students and recent graduates of Swiss higher education institutions to receive funding for internships carried out in SEMP Programme participating countries.
All students regularly enrolled in one of USI study programmes who carry out a full-time internship lasting 9 consecutive months.
- The grant application must be done before graduation.
- The internship must be carried out within 12 months from the graduation.
- The internship must be carried out in one of these Countries:
27 Countries UE members: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cipro, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Hungary.
AELS Countries (except Switzerland): Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway.
- When applying for a grant the student must provide evidence that he/she resides in a country different from the one in which the internship will be carried out.
Rules for allocation
Funding period of the SEMP Programme: 1st July - 30th September
The financing is granted, if the internship occurs in the above period, as follows:
- 80% at the beginning of the internship
- 20% at the end of the internship
The payment computation follows the rule according to which an entire month corresponds to the period of time that elapses from the day x of the N month to the day x-1 of the N+1 month, included.
In the event of interruption or cancellation of the internship, the grant must be returned to USI.