Bachelor of Science
Pre-enrolment must be submitted via the online application form by the deadline indicated below:
- students with Swiss and EU / EFTA Secondary School leaving Certificate, by 18 June
- students with Secondary School leaving Certificate not obtained in UE/AELS countries and students who need visa, by 30 April.
Late applications may be accepted only if compatible with the capacity of the facilities and the availability of the teaching equipment. Enrolment takes place via the internet. Within the terms above, the candidate must submit the application form and attach the following documents, all in electronic format (pdf):
- Qualification submitted as valid for admission (if not yet available, the certificate of attendance of the institute currently attended): Secondary education grades report
- List of subjects taken during the last three years of high school (year / subject / teaching hours) (see attachment)
- An authenticated translation into Italian (for all qualifications and documents not in Italian, German, French, English or Spanish)
- Copy of the student’s passport or ID papers (front and back)
- Picture (JPG format)
The Università della Svizzera italiana-Academy of Architecture warns against false intermediaries, agents and “preparatory workshops” that promise an easy access to the study program.
USI-Academy of architecture has no intermediaries whatsoever in these roles.
In case of doubt please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants without a valid qualification who are applying for admission “by portfolio”, by 30 April must have sent by e-mail the enrolment form completed online, and by post the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Picture (JPEG format)
- Copy of work certificates
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of passport or ID papers (front and back)
- A portfolio (50Mb max, no format restrictions) presenting several projects made by the candidate in the course of his/her studies and practice
Documents on paper sent by post will not be returned.
An applicant whose application “by portfolio” has been accepted for admission to the BSc course must take and pass written tests in Mathematics, History of Art and Architecture, and English, and a personal interview.
The Academy is legally permitted to limit the number of new students to ensure that the capacity of its facilities is not exceeded and teaching standards not impaired, and to maintain a reasonable proportion between students of different origins.
The Academy reserves the right to institute a selective test if the number of applications for admission exceeds the capacity of its facilities. Applicants will be informed of the result of the application by email.
In order to attend courses and take examinations students must enrol by the end of the first semester and subsequently confirm their enrolment each semester without fail.
To confirm their intention to enrol, applicants are required to pay the enrolment fee in accordance with the procedure described in the email of admission.
To enrol for the first time, students should apply personally to the university office in the period indicated with the following documents:
- A photocopy of the student’s passport or ID papers (front and back)
- The originals of their educational qualifications for enrolment
- One passport photograph
- Receipt of payment of the first semester’s fees (the relevant policy is provided with confirmation of acceptance)
- For UE and overseas students who want to reside in Switzerland: extract of criminal record to be delivered to Servizio regionale degli stranieri in order to obtain the residence permit for students
- Form E111 or the European Health Insurance Card (EU students who will reside in Switzerland)
Foreign students who are not EU-citizens and who will reside in Switzerland should submit a copy of an health and accident insurance policy issued by a Swiss insurance company (more information at the enrollment office).
Renewal of enrolment is automatic when the student pays the semester’s fees.
Tuition fees amount to CHF 4,000 per semester. For students whose official residence was in Switzerland, or in Liechtenstein at the time of the final high school exam (Maturità) the fees are of CHF 2,000.
Tuition fees are payable at the beginning of each term, by the deadline indicated on the invoice; fee payment is an essential condition for matriculating or renewing one's enrolment.